Sunday, February 19, 2012

Family, Friends and Tears...

Yesterday was a very busy day! My husband woke  me up to tell me his mom and nephews were coming to see us! I was excited about that! I love his family! His mom brought us lunch and we all just hung out and talked. It was a very lovely afternoon with loved ones.

Then, we had to go to a funeral. This was, of course, very sad. I saw a lot of people I haven't seen in a while. However, the service was all in Spanish so we didn't understand anything. I was amazed by just how many cars there were. Even more amazing was the amount of people that filled those cars. The church was PACKED. She really did touch the lives of so many people. It was nice to see them all come out to say their final goodbyes, but still very sad. We followed the funeral procession. There were a handful of cars that pulled off to the side of the road and waited for us to pass. Very respectful and touching. Unfortunately we could not follow them all the way to the burial site. At least I was able to say goodbye.

After the funeral, we ran home so I could change. Then it was off my sister-in-laws baby shower! That was a lot of fun! We played some games, had dinner and cake. She got a lot of stuff as well! I can't wait to meet my niece! Just a couple more weeks and she will be here! I have that day off work and everything! She will be born via c-section so I can do that this time.

After the baby shower, my mom came back to my house with me. She told me a little more about what is going on with her. There were a lot of tears shed then. Like I previously said, I do not feel right talking about her business so that is as much as I will say. I'm really hoping things start getting better for her. It's hard to stay hopeful knowing what I know, but I just want what is best for her. She told me not to worry about her. That is not going to happen. Not only is my mom...well...my mom, she is also my best friend aside from my husband. OF COURSE I'm going to worry about her! Hopefully she will realize soon that she is a beautiful, intelligent and strong woman. Until then, I'll be here to remind her.

Today was a lazy day and it was very nice after the go go go of yesterday. My husband let me sleep until about 12:30. I really needed the extra sleep. Then we just watched DVDs and took a nap later in the afternoon. He is working for four hours tonight so I am home alone now. I'm very thankful that we got to spend so much time together today. That was defiantly what I needed after the week we've had.

Back to work tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers for a drama free night. If I can avoid certain people this should not be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment